Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sorry old England taken to the cleaners

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Sorry old England taken to the cleaners Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Sorry old England taken to the cleaners Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Sorry old England taken to the cleaners Empty
PostSubject: Sorry old England taken to the cleaners   Sorry old England taken to the cleaners EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 10:17 am

After suffering an embarassing 6 wicket defeat in the first ODI, England have some how managed to stoop to lower depths as they were comprehensively hammered by 10 wickets at the hands of New Zealand.
A rain affected match saw England's sorry batting line up dismissed for a mere 158 after the game was reduced to 38 overs.
New Zealand's revised target was 165, and the opening pair of Jesse Ryder and Brendon McCullum hammered the pathetic bowling attack that England had to offer and reached the revised target with half of the allotted overs still remaining.
England now trail 2-0 in this 5 match series, but after two lack lustre performances a second series whitewash in 2 years is on the cards.
--------------------
A truly disgraceful performance.
And I've gone and got tickets for two ODI's when they come here.
No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry old England taken to the cleaners   Sorry old England taken to the cleaners EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 12:11 pm

What do you put the performance down to?
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Sorry old England taken to the cleaners Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Sorry old England taken to the cleaners Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sorry old England taken to the cleaners   Sorry old England taken to the cleaners EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 1:07 pm

there was no performance - that was kind of the problem.
I admit, before the rain came, England were doing ok, at 90 or so for 2 wickets, then the rain came, and it was like a new set of batsmen came out.
New Zealand bolwed well, but it was nothing special - I actually think the problem is, our ODI players are just not good enough to compete with the very best.
I know they got a brilliant series win in Sri Lanka not so long ago, but looking at the records, that seems like a fluke almost.
The batsman have the wrong mentality, especially in Power plays, there's no bully batsman in the side like Matty Hayden for the aussies, or Yuvie for India, or Misbah for Pakistan - KP acts like a kid on the pitch, and is showing very little of we know he can produce and the bowlers are genuinely crap.
No-one who can swing the ball with effect, no blistering pace like Brett Lee, no accurate line and length bowler like Zaheer Khan - just not good enough.
England have been the laughin stock of ODI cricket for 5 years now, and it just keeps getting worse.
I'm genuinely fearing a 5-0 whitewash.
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Sorry old England taken to the cleaners Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Sorry old England taken to the cleaners Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Sorry old England taken to the cleaners   Sorry old England taken to the cleaners EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 5:55 pm

As I said before I am not a great follower of Cricket these days, but I have noticed that the batsman Bell is still around in the one day team. Hasnt he had enough chances by now. I dont remember too often him making game winning totals for England?
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

PostSubject: Re: Sorry old England taken to the cleaners   Sorry old England taken to the cleaners EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 10:35 pm

Just like Vaughan he needs to be removed from the ODI set up - not the right sort of batsman for it, spends way too much time in ODI's wasting balls to eye up bowlers and measure them up - too many priceless dot balls for opposition - that creates pressure - that leads to wickets.
Not what England need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry old England taken to the cleaners   Sorry old England taken to the cleaners Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry old England taken to the cleaners
Page 1 of 1