Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

England v Andorra

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 6:52 pm

How bad are we? lol

The manager plays two wide players n two midgets in the middle up front.... laughable.

Lets hope for a Penalty eh
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Was going to ask where is Joe Cole. But lost the connection and by the time i got it back Cole had scored twice. But why Downing and not Cole in from the start?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 7:55 pm

I am not sure what he was doing with selection.

There really isnt any reason to pick Beckham if you are not going to start him.

At least the crowd tried to get behind them and Joe scored at just about the time when things could have got ugly.

From that starting line up..... I counted only 4 players who I would class as real International players.

Walcott has a future there is no doubt in that.... but he sure made all in my house roar with laughter when he wriggled past a couple of players only to stand on the ball n fall over lol.

We are in a poor state..... but in Capello we have someone that wont give a monkeys what the media say or bow to other managers mouthing off.

So do we lose on Weds or escape with a draw?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:43 pm

A draw in Croatia at this time would be considered a good result. i would settle for a draw.

But Austria beat France 3-1, and Italy needed a 90th minute goal to beat Cyprus, so maybe 2-0 over Andorra is not bad.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Joe cole is one of our best players.. i have always thote this..

why downing started i dont know! Neutral
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:14 am

Got the result we needed didnt we? 2-0, away from home and 3 points. They never tried to beat us and given that we are very low on confidence at the mo, there is no surprise it wasnt 10-0.

Its nice to make a thread about an England game and just slag the team off. I have finally got to the stage where I have conceded we arent that good and gone back to supporting the team as a fan should support the team.

Tick, why not give the team a bit of support? Surely you dont support only if the team are playing well. Walcott put in a decent performance last night, in fact one of the better players, but of course its better to laugh when he steps on the ball. He plays for the team you are supposed to be supporting!!! I trust your house didn't roar with laughter when Terry slipped over? And I dont mean last night...
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:47 pm

abcdef wrote:

Tick, why not give the team a bit of support? Surely you dont support only if the team are playing well. Walcott put in a decent performance last night, in fact one of the better players, but of course its better to laugh when he steps on the ball. He plays for the team you are supposed to be supporting!!! I trust your house didn't roar with laughter when Terry slipped over? And I dont mean last night...

While you make a good point I have to defend myself in saying .... it was bloody funny.

I am all for supporting whoever wear the England shirt.... can you fix it that the morons stop booing the Chelsea players, when in a England shirt?
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:56 pm

The Chelsea players arent booed when they play for England. That is just ridiculous. Lampard is booed for whatever reason but it isn't because he is a Chelsea player.
Ashley Cole isnt booed, neither is John Terry. People may have thought someone else should be captain but Terry gets no more stick than any other player.
And then their is Joe Cole. Many believe he should be one of the untouchables in the team, myself included. Time and time again he replicates his club form for England which fans appreciate. This is the reason Lampard is booed. His failure to replicate club form.
If you noticed, the whole side were booed off at half time, wrongly in my opinion. Thick England fans just need to appreciate that we just arent that good, a fact that our 15 in the world rankings reflects.

We were booed for not leading a team 160 places below us in the world, but I can almost guarentee that if we dont lead Croatia, a team 10 places above us, the same thick fans will boo the side.
We might not expect a win away to Spain, Italy or Germany, but we will expect a win away to Croatia. Wrongly.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:31 pm

Alphabet..

in my post, i wasn't slagging the team off.. lol.. just thinking why doesn't he..

And i agree with you mate.. i support them whether its win, lose, draw, humiliate.. whatever.. has always been the way with me!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 pm

Hmmm..... While I find it strange that you start off your last posting with "The Chelsea players arent booed when they play for England." Then detail Franks being booed almost constantly for the last 2 years, and overlooking the boos Ashley Cole got at different times during the last 2 years.

If you are going to beat the England drum and say we should all get behind the team, then that should be for every player.

The England fans are not behind every player and while they continue to boo our best player.... I dont give a monkeys if we win lose or draw.

The England fans are currently getting what they deserve.... which is a very poor team full of average players who have no confidence.

All I care about is our players come home in one piece and we get on with what is important.... Winning the premiership.

And before you go on that its the wrong attitude and we should support England through thick n thin..... well I think I have deserved the right to make my mind up on England after following them around the world in years gone by.... At least when I was one of the Army of fans.... we understood when someone was being played out of position like the C Repiblic game and didnt deserve to be booed.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
England v Andorra Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999England v Andorra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 6:00 pm

I think abcdef meant the Chelsea playes who play for England dont get booed BECAUSE they play for Chelsea - and its not only Chelsea England players who get booed - the whole team did at half time, and when England didnt make it to the Euros, everyone who was in the team that lost to Croatia got booed in their following Premier League games.
The overwhelming majority of England fans are media led, whether they have value to their point of view or not, what you hear from most England fans, you couldve read in tabloids (and broadsheets somtimes).
The constant booing of Frank Lampard is because he is singled out by, again both the media and the fans, as not reporoducing his Premier League form for England, despite being playing in his favoured position in most, if not all games.
However on A.Cole being booed, it does have something to do with Chelsea, as well as matters in his personal life, though the former being narrowed down to perceived greed rather than actually playing in the blue of Chelsea.
Football fans will always find an excuse as to why they are having a bad run of form, and currently for England it seems to range over a number of things, namely: certain players not reproducing their club form for their country, players being constantly played out position - "because there isnt someone good enough to play there", the manager not knowing what to do, alternatively the players not being able to fit the managers needs - and an ever growing thought that some players are just actually not good enough to perform at the highest level on the international stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

England v Andorra Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Andorra   England v Andorra Empty

Back to top Go down

England v Andorra
Page 1 of 1