Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

France England

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
France England Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999France England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

France England Empty
PostSubject: France England   France England EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:00 pm

What a waste of F****** time.... and isnt it wonderful.... John is injured again playing for Crapland.

BAN FRIENDLY INTERNATIONALS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
France England Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999France England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:47 am

lol...
Capello's problem is he hasnt got the players to fit his system...I mean Rooney as a lone striker just about sums up the problems Fab has.
He needs players who can keep the ball and pass the ball - I cant think of one English player who can actually do that - so how he's going to find a squad which is capable of doing that is beyond me.
Dare I say, it's an almost Rafa Benitez style of management - he goes into his new job with a formation (which he thinks is the winning formula) and will pick the players to fit his formation - he will not look at what benefit each and every player can bring, nor will he build a team on individuals capabilities - if he thinks you'll fit in as a lone striker, when youre actual strength is supporting one - you're going to play the loone striker.
For the reason many dislike Benitez's management style, having read the reports that have followed tonights game - it's a bit déja vu for me.
I heard one pundit say - He should be doing what English players do best - I'm actually still trying to figure out what it is they do best...any ideas?
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
France England Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999France England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 9:57 am

Well Rooney cant play as a lone striker. Thats a start. Capello needs to look at how players play for their clubs and play them in those roles. If they dont fit they dont play, whether their name is Rooney or Owen, Lampard or Gerrard.
Just look at Utd and you see Rooney doesnt score many goals. He offers something else. So dont look to him for goals. If you want a goalscorer for a lone striker, dont pick Rooney.
I always wonder how Agbonlahor would fare up front with Rooney. Agbonlahor in the team anyway is worth a shout I think. Good in the air, which we dont have, will work with Beckham or Bentley and will allow Rooney to play the support role. Or not.
France are a hard team to beat, especially away from home, so its not the end of the world, despite a fairly lacklustre performance. Shame for John Terry and Chelsea, but thats football--and if the Chelsea players are going to continue to be made of glass then thats their problem. Its common knowledge that Terry plays often through injury and I think its commendable that he does so for Chelsea, and also that he shows that same commitment to his country. Its a testament to his attitude to football and he probably deserves better fortune.
I guess its just old fashioned to support country before club, but I wouldnt expect anything different from Chelsea fans. Well done to John I say, and unlucky.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 5:55 pm

abcdef wrote:

France are a hard team to beat, especially away from home, so its not the end of the world, despite a fairly lacklustre performance. Shame for John Terry and Chelsea, but thats football--and if the Chelsea players are going to continue to be made of glass then thats their problem. Its common knowledge that Terry plays often through injury and I think its commendable that he does so for Chelsea, and also that he shows that same commitment to his country. Its a testament to his attitude to football and he probably deserves better fortune.
I guess its just old fashioned to support country before club, but I wouldnt expect anything different from Chelsea fans. Well done to John I say, and unlucky.

Well we know Rooney wears a "Glass" slipper as he breaks his foot so often.... but Chelsea players being made of Glass is an interesting quote and I am sure made u feel good lol!

Yeah... its very old fashioned to country before club in friendlys.... Check out Sky News today.... they asked 5 English premiership managers did they enjoy the game last night...... NONE of them watched it!!!

One thinks instead of painting Chelsea fans with a unpatriotic brush, you should step out of the 80's and get a grip what is actully happening in Domestic football today.... or should I say like other Man Utd fans..... what dont happen at Old Trafford you have less knowledge on than a stunned slug? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
France England Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999France England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 6:14 pm

I wouldn't say that Chelsea players are mad of glass. I agree with your other comment about playing through injuries and feel that Terry in particular should rest a little more when he is injured, and not come back as quick. I still think Chelsea's North American summer tour doesn't help. The pitches over here in summer are rock hard and it is like playing concrete. No wonder they have so many leg injuries.

As for the Club versus Country, I think you would find that most United fans put United before England. As for the loss against France I didn't see it, so I can't comment. But I imagine there aren't too many managers happy about a friendly this time of year, especially those in the Champions league.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
I wouldn't say that Chelsea players are mad of glass. I agree with your other comment about playing through injuries and feel that Terry in particular should rest a little more when he is injured, and not come back as quick. I still think Chelsea's North American summer tour doesn't help. The pitches over here in summer are rock hard and it is like playing concrete. No wonder they have so many leg injuries.

As for the Club versus Country, I think you would find that most United fans put United before England. As for the loss against France I didn't see it, so I can't comment. But I imagine there aren't too many managers happy about a friendly this time of year, especially those in the Champions league.

Perfection post!
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
France England Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999France England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Doesn't really matter to me about people putting club before country. Im not naive. I have an interest in all football, so I doubt i deserve to be painted with the brush (nice phrase) of Utd fans, OT, stunned slug etc.
Just a shame that a few more people dont get behind the national side tis all. If we won a world cup everyone would revel in that glory. Not just the fans that support all the time. Shame, but that is the way of domestic football.
Give me a world cup over any Utd honour any day. The whole country celebrating together, in the pubs, on the streets, for about a week, national holidays brilliant. And maybe, oh just maybe, you could watch it on telly across the pond.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 5:35 pm

abcdef wrote:
Doesn't really matter to me about people putting club before country. Im not naive. I have an interest in all football, so I doubt i deserve to be painted with the brush (nice phrase) of Utd fans, OT, stunned slug etc.
Just a shame that a few more people dont get behind the national side tis all. If we won a world cup everyone would revel in that glory. Not just the fans that support all the time. Shame, but that is the way of domestic football.
Give me a world cup over any Utd honour any day. The whole country celebrating together, in the pubs, on the streets, for about a week, national holidays brilliant. And maybe, oh just maybe, you could watch it on telly across the pond.

Hey abcdef

Catch your managers quotes today on International friendlys?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
France England Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999France England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 10:12 pm

I want to see another World Cup victory before I die. I was kid living in England when they won in 66 and would love to witness that again. I support England as much as I do United and couldn't really make a choice if I had to pick success for one or the other.

But many United fans wouldn't give England the time of day. That maybe because our support is world-wide, but there is also a feeling among the United fans that FA is anti United. Ticktok and others feel that United gets all the breaks, but United fans don't see it that way and point to a long history of decisions that have gone against United.
Back to top Go down

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Used to go to games at Wembley during Taylors reign. I was almost as supportive to them as to the 'pool. These days I'm only interested in competitions and hope for success. I was trying to think why I'm less interested and can only think it's down to how many LFC representives are in the England setup. Before Sky, watching England was the only time I could get to see LFC players in action. The likes of Beardsley and Barnes..class. Big heros at the time. But now only Gerrard a regular and then he rarely plays as he does for Liverpool, and perhaps the realisation that we'll end up under acheiving.

Perhaps with more quality foreign stars playing in this league, you no longer have to follow the international scene to see class. Food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

France England Empty
PostSubject: Re: France England   France England Empty

Back to top Go down

France England
Page 1 of 1