Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

England close to IPL deal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
England close to IPL deal Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999England close to IPL deal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

England close to IPL deal Empty
PostSubject: England close to IPL deal   England close to IPL deal EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 am

A compromise appears to be close which would allow England players to participate in this year's Indian Premier League, BBC Sport understands.

England captain Andrew Strauss says there is a "huge will" to finalise the players' central contracts and sort out the IPL issue.

A suggested 15-day limit for England players in the IPL does not suit the franchises involved in the tournament.

But they could stay longer and still return for England's first home Test.

In India there is excitement about the prospect of the top England players taking part in the IPL.

Kevin Pietersen continues to be linked with Bangalore and Andrew Flintoff with Chennai.

The Professional Cricketers Association are playing a key role in the negotiations and are anxious that England are not left isolated as the only country not to be represented in the IPL.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

England close to IPL deal Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999England close to IPL deal Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: England close to IPL deal   England close to IPL deal EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:31 am

England stars are set to play in the Indian Premier League after the England and Wales Cricket Board agreed to release them for three weeks.

The move has prompted members of the squad to sign central contracts, which were first offered last September.

"They have been signed by the players and we are waiting on the IPL to come back with confirmation," said England all-rounder Paul Collingwood.

It is thought up to six England players could be involved in the IPL in April.

Kevin Pietersen and Andrew Flintoff are sure to be two of the hottest properties at the player auction on 6 February.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
England close to IPL deal Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England close to IPL deal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: England close to IPL deal   England close to IPL deal EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:50 am

huzup wrote:
England stars are set to play in the Indian Premier League after the England and Wales Cricket Board agreed to release them for three weeks.

The move has prompted members of the squad to sign central contracts, which were first offered last September.

"They have been signed by the players and we are waiting on the IPL to come back with confirmation," said England all-rounder Paul Collingwood.

It is thought up to six England players could be involved in the IPL in April.

Kevin Pietersen and Andrew Flintoff are sure to be two of the hottest properties at the player auction on 6 February.

Pietersen yes - but I dont think I would waste money on Freddie - He has an alrounder tag, but I wouldnt expect anything from his bat.

Id pay for the boy at Essex - cant remember his name - not the test batsman- good one day player as my 2nd English pick after the South African haha - well that made me laugh!
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
England close to IPL deal Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999England close to IPL deal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: England close to IPL deal   England close to IPL deal EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:23 am

He may have the allrounder tag without scoring many runs, but he is a good enough bowler to be considered in the world class category.

He is, simply more a bowler than an allrounder and the runs he gets, when he gets them, in the style he does, is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

England close to IPL deal Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England close to IPL deal Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: England close to IPL deal   England close to IPL deal EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:01 am

abcdef wrote:
He may have the allrounder tag without scoring many runs, but he is a good enough bowler to be considered in the world class category.

He is, simply more a bowler than an allrounder and the runs he gets, when he gets them, in the style he does, is a bonus.

Nope wouldnt question his bowling - one of the best I have seen in the last 10 years.

I think he is only average batsman n would very much have fancied my chances to get him out regular when I took part in this sport.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

PostSubject: Re: England close to IPL deal   England close to IPL deal EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Think freddy lacks the temperment of a quality batsman - he sees himself as a hero whatever role he takes - when he bowls, it gets the best out of him - when he bats though, his concentration span is limited.
He is overhyped in his batting - averages just over 30 in both Test and ODIs.
Wasnt complaining at Trent Bridge though,lol
A "bowling"-All-rounder.

By that Essex player, I assume you mean Ravi Bopara?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: England close to IPL deal   England close to IPL deal EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 2:14 pm

huzup wrote:
Think freddy lacks the temperment of a quality batsman - he sees himself as a hero whatever role he takes - when he bowls, it gets the best out of him - when he bats though, his concentration span is limited.
He is overhyped in his batting - averages just over 30 in both Test and ODIs.
Wasnt complaining at Trent Bridge though,lol
A "bowling"-All-rounder.

By that Essex player, I assume you mean Ravi Bopara?

Yes - I like the boy - World Cup cant remember who against - his batting - got us to last over - outstanding - could see the boy had something about him in the one day game - would have thought he would sell well in the IPL - although when there is th world to choose from instead of just English players - I am sure there are plenty of others with his talent - but in saying that I would give him a go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England close to IPL deal   England close to IPL deal Empty

Back to top Go down

England close to IPL deal
Page 1 of 1