Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slovenia 0 v 1 England

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Slovenia 0 v 1 England Empty
PostSubject: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Surprised no thread or mention of the game.

I was pleased with the result, the performance and attitude. Still don't look like world beater but certainly a major improvement.

Looks like any negativity about Terry will be dropped due to his heroics on the field and you can't doubt from that display that he wants to win. In fact the team responded in kind.

An England team to start being proud of? Early days yet but encouraging signs.

A game where we should have scored more and the lack of goals made it more edgy at the end than it deserved. Some good swift short passing and good crosses in from the wing. Hard to fault anyone or single people out. A team performance. Perhaps the correct opposition we needed to build confidence. Germany will be a different proposition and perhaps the next level up we need. I don't expect Germany to be the formidable foe of old and feel they can be beaten. With a good performance and a bit of luck we could well be sitting in the quarter finals against Argentina....and if we get there I'm not sure the story will continue.

Good job lads, nice response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Yep a far better performance even if the quality still isn't quite there, but a lot more "spunk" about it, so why does it take all this 'pressure', and verbal overload to spark something like the performances that the players put in week in week out in premiership? I'm quite non-plussed Question But lets hope they build on it and put one over the krauts and stuff old Beckenbaurs words down his high an mighty throat cheers
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Slovenia 0 v 1 England Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Slovenia 0 v 1 England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:21 pm

I wasn't that impressed, happy that they advanced but really felt we had to win the group. 1-0 over Slovenia the smallest country at the World Cup is nothing to right home about. Thought Slovenia were going to score when their big striker turned Terry, but Terry recovered to block it and we managed to scrabble it away. They were loads better than the first two games but we need to improve a lot if we are going to make a serious run at this.

I thought England started brightly and looked very good the first half an hour. Nice cross by Milner and well hit by Defoe. They created some decent chances and should have had a couple more goals. I hope the lack of a second goal and the late one by the Americans don't come back to haunt. Germany and Argentina if we keep wining instead of Ghana and Uruguay.

Still, England are in the knockout stage and wining teams get better as the tournament deepens and the competition gets better. Germany are talented and playing better than England at the moment, but there is nothing better to raise the English game than a meeting with their old enemies the Germans. 50/50 game and lets hope it don't go to penalties.

Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Slovenia 0 v 1 England Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Slovenia 0 v 1 England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 am

I just watched the brain of Sky Sports football, Jamie Redknapp, slowly remove his tongue from Steven Gerrards ass live on SSN after telling us how wonderful & most inspirational Steven was during last nights game!

No wonder there are so many brain dead England fans up n down the country when we have twats like him talking complete and utter bollocks on our TV sets.

The best thing Mr. Gerrard did in yesterday’s game was have a bit of discipline about his game n stay out the way of Frank.

We have qualified for the knockout stage, despite Gerrard and Rooney, having everything as they would want (Roon 3 games, Gerr 2 games) and contributing next to nothing.

If Gerrard was our inspiration, wot the f*** was Milner?

We have carried Rooney, he has been a waste of a England shirt in all 3 games and I notice the Germans have quickly said they fear Rooney!

Yes they fear we might drop him!

Just when I thought we caught a break n Rooney was injured for good, it turns out he is gonna be ok.

John was fantastic, lead like the natural born leader he is, covered for Upson on many occasions as the boy found his feet again (Which he did with an outstanding block near the end of the game n should now hold his place) and I am sure the freeze frame of his superman leap putting his body on the line will be used in many academy all over the world.

He is without doubt an inspiration to anyone who is lucky enough to play in the same team & I hope he announces his retirement from International football once we are knocked out, to help keep him fresh for what’s most important.

Anyway, just moving on to something that just about sums up how pathetic those England fans who spun what John said about Joe being only 1 of two players who have something different to unlock defences.

I just saw Andy Gray, he, who is said to be the best analysist on Sports TV, say exactly the same as John.

Strange that.

Footnote:

Barry – Fat bastard and along with Johnson will be players the Germans will look to exploit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 am

Sky = tossers
Andy Gray = bigger tosser
Jamie Redknapp = an ever bigger tosser

Quoting any of them degrades the quality of your posts.

No criticism of Frank? Of course when he's played out of position he's defended if he plays poor. Shame you can't give the same courtesy to non Chelsea players. BTW I'm not suggesting Gerrard was brilliant or defending his actions. Seems this whole whose better Gerrard or Lampard really does irritate you to a point where you purposely try to go all out to prove Lampards the better.

This is England not Chelsea or Liverpool or Man U. It doesn't matter a rats arse, and I don't know who on this board gives a toss. It's getting a bit boring to be honest.

All your criticism and negativity towards certain players is because the press hype them up to a level you disapprove of and your Chelsea boys aren't included. Perhaps don't bother with the press? Is it the players fault the press react that way towards them? Miss directed hostility perhaps?

Why do you bother watching England as you know it's not Chelsea?

This mixed board thing is hard work! scratch
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Slovenia 0 v 1 England Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Slovenia 0 v 1 England Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 am

I am tired of speaking of Frank - England fans are not bright enough to understand the difference of Playing Chelsea's system of play compared how he is being asked to sacrifice himself to allow 2 tossers to have their own way and play crap.

I dont need to prove Frank is better, Gerrard proves that everytime he pulls a England shirt on.

By all means if my words are becoming boring - dont read them Smile

Instead of the words "criticism and negativity" - you could have used just the one.

Truth

Maybe you find the Press soothing to your mind as its your star man getting favourable bollocks being written about him.

Me? I find it just slightly less than Scientology, preying on the weak minded and brain washing them into beliving bollocks.

The best English player this World Cup by a huge margin over the 3 games has been Ashley Cole - Where is the feel good feedback for him?

So tell me, When talking about "Criticism and negativity" where would your opening 3 lines stand on that?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:34 pm

TickTok wrote:

Footnote:

Barry – Fat bastard and along with Johnson will be players the Germans will look to exploit.

Didnt they just do that!
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Slovenia 0 v 1 England Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Slovenia 0 v 1 England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Tick, you must be over the moon. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Financially I am – I have won THOUSANDS betting against England not to win all through their 4 games.

Even standing a loss on the last group game, I more that quadrupled my winnings today!

Its funny you know, people I bet with every week of the year are more taken aback over their money coming to me on England bets, than at any other sport team or player.

It just underlines how dumb 99% of England fans are and why bookmakers have on their accounts “Benefit time” whenever England reach a competition finals.

Can you believe bookmakers had England as fav’s today!!! Haha, I couldn’t get my money on Germany quick enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slovenia 0 v 1 England   Slovenia 0 v 1 England Empty

Back to top Go down

Slovenia 0 v 1 England
Page 1 of 1