Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 pm

Well as I write this report for the third week in our quest to be the top Fantasy League manager I have a good smile on my face as my “InjuryFreeSeason” somehow have found their way to the top of the table.

It has to be said straight away that two 3 point bonus’s for my team for players that had chalk n cheese games at the weekend have helped me to leap frog over United 4ever and stay in front of the charging Simplemen.

Frank Lampard was the best player in Chelsea below average performance at the weekend, but Cesc Fabregas wasn’t no way close to being Arsenals best.

I object to the bonus points and I am sure over the season other mangers will agree with me.

Simplemen top scored for a second week running with good points coming from all over their team. A massive 14 points from Goalkeeper David James for his one man defence of the Pompey goal up at Goodison Park proved to be a real shot in the arm for the Simplemen, but I would like to ask…. If Star player Steve Gerrard hadn’t got injured forcing Simplemen to transfer him…. Would the manager have sold James? Irrespective of that, its another wonderful point haul by the Simplemen and he has moved up to 2nd place. Id like to point out the manager of Simpleman dropped two Villa players to the bench costing him a total of 11 points. I pose another question was his confidence in Liverpool to score at Villa park, more to do with his supporting the Red Machine? Hehe

Our run away leaders of the first two weeks, United 4ever had a quiet week by their standards, but were saved by a goal from Bent of Tottenham which boosted their points tally. It will be very interesting to see what this experienced manager does with his team over the 2 week break as far as transfers.

ZingoBingo are proving to be a consistent team with points coming from all corners of their squad. The clever signing of the defender Davies of Aston Villa for the cheap price of 5M proved to be a good investment with a clean sheet. Berbatov being sold and Cisse of Sunderland coming in as his replacement is a move to make one raise an eyebrow. Adebayor gave his first good return of the season with two assists.

After their top scoring the previous week, Conservatives slowed down in their march upwards mainly because two of their main players didn’t get to play as the Man Utd game was called off. Adebayor and Deco’s captaincy points saved the Conservatives.

Another team to suffer from Man Utd not playing was K-Class, however the rest of the team had a quiet week. The choice of Deco as captain brought in some much needed extra points and Laursen in defence is proving to be having another good season. The four transfers that K-Class made on the 24th have now gone through with Santa Cruz and Yakubu could only find the one point between them, but they should bring much needed goals to the team in the near future.

SpiderPig didn’t seem to change their team around with Man Utd not playing, but Defoe brought them a huge 16 point haul. The non selling of Injured Kranjcar and out of favour Dempsey spell a manager who is either sulking cause he has fallen behind already or he likes the fact he shortly will become ABCDE FC bitch boy as they overhaul SpiderPig’s and force them to the bottom of the league.

ABCDE FC had a great week with Glen Johnson of Pompy bringing in 12 points after his goal up at Everton. Luke Young and Mario Melchiot both had good clean sheets that have helped boost their total to one shy of 50. I want to point out how unlucky this manager has been as both his goalkeepers where involved in the fixture that was called off cause of the Super Cup.

Spotlight falls on K-Class

When you first look at K-Class you see a squad full of players you might expect to be performing better than they have been up to now.

Reina is a safe pick in goal who will bring many clean sheets over the season. Al-Habsi is a colourful number two, so I am sure the manager will have his fingers crossed on no injury for his first choice keeper.

Three high priced defenders in Lescott Evra and Laursen should all bring in extra points from assists and goals. Lescott was top goal scoring defender last season for instance. Mcshane and Meite are two low team defenders who make up K-Class defensive squad.

In Midfield the manager has picked up 4 great players plus one who I wouldn’t have touched with a barge poll. Deco Arteta Ashley Young and Petrov are all excellent picks and one would expect them all to have good returns over the coming weeks. McCann on the other hand is someone who gets booked most games and very rarely scores.

Up front we have 3 guys who have all scored this season already. Yakubu and Santa Cruz are new signings for K-Class and although they have got off to a slow start, they should soon start to pay off. Agbonlahor started on fire, but reading the reports on him for the past two games, he has disappeared for long periods in games.

K-Class have been very active in the transfer market with 5 deals already. The loss of those points have dropped them down the table a bit, but if the manager settles on this squad he will soon be moving back up the table.

On the whole this is a strong squad which on its day could hit the very heady heights of 70-80 point weeks.

Its going to be very interesting how this manager plays out things over the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:46 pm

TickTok wrote:
Id like to point out the manager of Simpleman dropped two Villa players to the bench costing him a total of 11 points. I pose another question was his confidence in Liverpool to score at Villa park, more to do with his supporting the Red Machine? Hehe
100% correct Laughing

Ps. Excellent job on your Fantasy Football reviews.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 8:40 pm

I am making a comeback...
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 pm

simpleman wrote:
TickTok wrote:
Id like to point out the manager of Simpleman dropped two Villa players to the bench costing him a total of 11 points. I pose another question was his confidence in Liverpool to score at Villa park, more to do with his supporting the Red Machine? Hehe
100% correct Laughing

Ps. Excellent job on your Fantasy Football reviews.

Thanks Mate
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 9:40 pm

That may have been the worse week I have ever had playing this game. I don't ever remember getting less than the average score for the week. The problem was that the bulk of my squad were playing in only two games and when that happens unless they are high scoring affairs they balance each other out. The injury to Santa Cruz didn't help and neither did Benitez playing Keane out on the left. He's a striker for god sake. But with the injuries to Liverpool and Keane being played out of position that's it for Keane transferred out already.

We now have a week off but we only have the one free transfer til the teams play again in two weeks. I am happy with my squad, a couple underperforming ( three Spurs players) but still only making my one free transfer a week. Won't really make any serious moves until Ronaldo is back.

Berbatov and Steinsson of Bolton will raise in price tonight, likely Ireland of City as well. Boateng, Modric and Hyypia should drop in price.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:37 am

I am looking to make a huge improvement in this game, i know i am really good at it.

Was topping the official blackburn rovers one last year for the majority of the season, but slipped at the end when my internet went down.. Sad

Awful start to the season tbh..
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:03 pm

...spell a manager who is either sulking cause he has fallen behind already or he likes the fact he shortly will become ABCDE FC bitch boy as they overhaul SpiderPig’s and force them to the bottom of the league.[/quote]

ey...I gave a full weeks notice about my taking part in this game...
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:11 pm

huzup wrote:
...spell a manager who is either sulking cause he has fallen behind already or he likes the fact he shortly will become ABCDE FC bitch boy as they overhaul SpiderPig’s and force them to the bottom of the league.

ey...I gave a full weeks notice about my taking part in this game...[/quote]

Not accepted my friend..... come on... keep at it..... we all know its in you to be a success at this
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:15 pm

on Sunday when Sheikh Fahim names his deam team for City I'll use my wildcard and get all those players.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:19 pm

huzup wrote:
on Sunday when Sheikh Fahim names his deam team for City I'll use my wildcard and get all those players.

Haha... thats the spirit..... whatever you do... The spotlight falls on SpiderPig this week..... give me something to get my teeth into it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Game Week 3 Report
Page 1 of 1