Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1st Test

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
1st Test - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 9991st Test - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

1st Test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Test   1st Test - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Wow - today was pretty low - 1 wicket, over 200 runs behind and watching Australian batsmen do what England's lot cant - ye, and we thought it was difficult when McGrath and Warne were here.

No Lee and Clark in this attack either.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
1st Test - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 9991st Test - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

1st Test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Test   1st Test - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 5:43 pm

What a wonderful escape - well done boys - played pathetic - but saved the game!
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
1st Test - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 9991st Test - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

1st Test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Test   1st Test - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:50 pm

lucky lucky lucky.

The batsmen got lucky that the tail end and Collingwood showed some balls and actually did the job they needed to. The runs column is irrelevant, it is the number of balls they lasted that is key. Someone should have made that point to Strauss, Cook, Pietersen and Bopara.

Strange how our bowlers managed to do the job with the bat to save us in both innings, yet bowling offered nothing. That suggests to me it was a perfect batting strip and it was our batsmen that messed up the whole test for us.

Monumental innings from Collingwood, I often wondered if anyone except him actually cares. Superb knock... I felt a bit sorry for him not getting man of the match, he saved us in both innings. Yes Ponting made a decent knock, but he was batting at the best time throughout the whole test and we all know he is capable of that!

We have got lucky but there are lots of negatives. I think we need Harmison back in for the next test instead of probably Panesar but I think we need to question the inclusion of Bopara... whilst he is a good test player, he seems to have been sussed by the mighty Australia already. Scoring 100's against the West Indies is one thing, Australia is another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1st Test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Test   1st Test - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

1st Test
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2