Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

England vs Montenegro

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
England vs Montenegro Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999England vs Montenegro Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

England vs Montenegro Empty
PostSubject: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Rooney out of the game against Montenegro as well as Frank Lampard, Theo Walcott, Jermain Defoe and Bobby Zamora out injured list, plus James Milner through suspension.

Will be an interesting starting eleven, I guess we can be thankful it's only Montenegro.

Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
England vs Montenegro Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999England vs Montenegro Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:54 pm

England boss Fabio Capello has called up uncapped Bolton striker Kevin Davies for his Euro 2012 squad to face Montenegro at Wembley on 12 October.

England squad to face Montenegro on 12 October:

Ben Foster (Birmingham City), Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa)

Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Joe Cole (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspur), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Kevin Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
England vs Montenegro Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England vs Montenegro Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:27 am

Kevin Davis!

He was on the radio last night and he said he got a text from a high profile professional footballer that said "If you play nicely, they might invite you again"

Obviously in reference to his style of play lol
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
England vs Montenegro Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999England vs Montenegro Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:41 pm

See John Terry is having a bunk again jocolor
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

England vs Montenegro Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999England vs Montenegro Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:55 pm

It' s becoming the norm for players with the top clubs to have their operations and rest their minor injuries through the International break. I am not happy that Rooney misses a couple of United games but will play for England and would be happier if Rio decided to retire from International duty.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

England vs Montenegro Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England vs Montenegro Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Was Rooney playing?

Its unfair to single him out, but they was shocking last night.

Glad John pulled out, with a little luck he will be fit for our annual loss at Villa Park Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Rooney actually had a couple of chances once Davis came on, Rooney seemed to link up better with Davis than Crouch. When he was in form Rooney would have likely had scored with at least one of those chances, but whether it's physical, mental or a bit of both Rooney's still off his game.

I don't like Crouch starting, it results in too many long balls trying to find Crouch's head, Gerrard in particular was guilty of launching the Beckhamesque type ball in hope of hooking up with Crouch. Still feel that Crouch is more effective as a impact sub coming on the last 15-20 minutes when and if you need a goal. If Davis was all England had and Capello was intent on playing 4-4-2, I would have started Davis.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind playing Johnson and Young on their opposite wings. I know there is a theory behind it somewhere, but both have to cut inside a bit and switch it over to their other foot before they can cross the ball.

Draw is not all that bad, Montenegro, are undefeated at have not been scored on in 4 games, so they are no mugs. There's a long way to go and you would still expect England to top the group.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:20 am

Redcanuck wrote:
Rooney actually had a couple of chances once Davis came on, Rooney seemed to link up better with Davis than Crouch. When he was in form Rooney would have likely had scored with at least one of those chances, but whether it's physical, mental or a bit of both Rooney's still off his game.

I don't like Crouch starting, it results in too many long balls trying to find Crouch's head, Gerrard in particular was guilty of launching the Beckhamesque type ball in hope of hooking up with Crouch. Still feel that Crouch is more effective as a impact sub coming on the last 15-20 minutes when and if you need a goal. If Davis was all England had and Capello was intent on playing 4-4-2, I would have started Davis.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind playing Johnson and Young on their opposite wings. I know there is a theory behind it somewhere, but both have to cut inside a bit and switch it over to their other foot before they can cross the ball.

Draw is not all that bad, Montenegro, are undefeated at have not been scored on in 4 games, so they are no mugs. There's a long way to go and you would still expect England to top the group.

Its being reported today he has has halted talks over a new contract with Manchester United & is looking to leave the country.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:02 pm

They have been saying that for a couple of months. Who knows if there is any truth in the story. Might just be a negotiating ploy, the press was full of similar stories about Vidic going to Spain, but once he got the raise he was asking for he signed a long term deal.

There are also similar stories about Ashley Cole wanting to go to Spain to get away from the English media. I wouldn't discount the possibility of Rooney leaving for Real Madrid. However, Rooney strikes me as one of those Englishman who would be a fish out of water if he ever left England, in my opinion he wouldn't adapt well to a new country or culture and the English press wouldn't leave him alone, since he would still be playing for England and has business interests there.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:52 pm

He has also said there has been nothing wrong with his ankle all season, contradicting Fergie.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:35 pm

That was odd and is worrisome.

Rooney's not right he's pulling out of tackles, when he's subbed he sitting on the bench with ice packs on his ankle and he's had scans, so they know his ankle's not 100%. Could he play on his ankle, most likely, but the ankle's not the main problem here. Rooney's not dealing well with the off field coverage of his personal life and rather than say that Rooney needs time off to get his head back on straight, Ferguson is using the excuse of an injury in an effort to protect his player.

It looks like there is a difference of opinion between Rooney and Ferguson on how best to get Rooney out of the funk he's been in. Ferguson thinks Rooney needs time away from the game to refocus, while Rooney feels the way to break out of his slump is to play regularly.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

England vs Montenegro Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999England vs Montenegro Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Rooney just needs to get his head down and do as hes told. Ferguson has good experience at dealing with players with issues, especially those under the scrutiny of the press.

Needs to stop acting like a big baby.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Talk Sport tonight, they have said papers in Portugal have reported today Ronaldo saying Rooney is keen to leave England.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:21 pm

TickTok wrote:
Talk Sport tonight, they have said papers in Portugal have reported today Ronaldo saying Rooney is keen to leave England.

Again that's nothing new.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Do you not get the feeling he just wants out of the country - its not a man u thing, its not a fergie thing, he just wants away from the asshole media who have called him out with his pants down?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:26 pm

TickTok wrote:
Do you not get the feeling he just wants out of the country - its not a man u thing, its not a fergie thing, he just wants away from the asshole media who have called him out with his pants down?

I sure he feels like that and he's not the only one. But it won't be any different in Spain, they have their tabloid press and the British press won't leave him alone just because he's playing in Spain. The media scrutiny on the continent is even greater, the Paparazzi will follow his everyone move.

I just can't see Rooney living outside England. He may try to find out if the grass is greener elsewhere if United can't convince to sign a new contract. But, unless he does what Beckham did and come and play in the USA he won't get any privacy. In the USA he could have some level of privacy because football's not as big as other sports over there.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Also in tonights Talk Sport football chat a reporter for a national paper spoke of another United player (Former England Player ) talking off the record on Rooney being furious with Ferguson "resting" him from the Everton away game and going public with the reasons he did not play him.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Was their whole program about Rooney? Seems like they have dredged up all the old tabloid stories from the last couple of months. They haven't said anything that hasn't already been reported and nobody ever seems to use any sources that back up their claims.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:32 am

Well it was a hour program talking about the international at Wembley Tuesday night. They went through everything, from Rio back as Captain to if that shot that hit the crossbar had gone in. Of course there was alot of questions about Rooney, mainly questioning his loss of form. I am not sure if u get many of those kind of radio shows over there, but in a nutshell they normally confirm rumours from the weeks before, especially if England or the club they are speaking of have recently had a below performance. It would be better if they put a name to their sourse, but on the whole, I have to reluctantly accept they seem to be true more times than not.

I am not having a go at Man Utd or Rooney here, I am just pointing out how its looking with the boy looking to leave the country.

Earlier you tried to suggest Ashley also wanted to leave the country and I can confirm he spoke with the club in the summer about how he was being treated in the media and it was being suggested to him, it might be best to get out of the country.

I am told the club have made him promises where they will help him stay out of the limelight while he builds his life up again. This is what the boy wanted to hear, as he didnt want to be seen as running away from those who have made his life a nightmare.

Thats not to say he will end up abroad someday. I would have no problem with him leaving under these circumstances as it cant be nice going through half truths being bent into a story to sell newspapers. He has been outstanding for us and even converted me onto his side, something I didnt think would happen considering where he came from lol.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 9:39 am

Just needs to man up and face up to his mistake. Rooney was supposed to be a Utd player for a very very long time. Thats why fans always backed him over Ronaldo as our most valuable player, just cos we knew the Portuguese twat would leave one day.

If Rooney leaves a club that adores him, because of mistakes in his personal life he cant handle, then many supporters of Utd will be far from pleased. Maybe he just needs to think about the people that really put the money in his pocket.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:44 am

abcdef wrote:
Just needs to man up and face up to his mistake. Rooney was supposed to be a Utd player for a very very long time. Thats why fans always backed him over Ronaldo as our most valuable player, just cos we knew the Portuguese twat would leave one day.

If Rooney leaves a club that adores him, because of mistakes in his personal life he cant handle, then many supporters of Utd will be far from pleased. Maybe he just needs to think about the people that really put the money in his pocket.

That be the people who get him the off field gigs he is so worried about losing?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Rooney on the bench today. Hernandez to start instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England vs Montenegro   England vs Montenegro Empty

Back to top Go down

England vs Montenegro
Page 1 of 1