Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spain v England

Go down 
+2
huzup
dannyboy2890
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Number of posts : 674
Spain v England Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Spain v England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:00 pm

thoughts ?

bounce
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Spain v England Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Spain v England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Reina, Arbeloa, Alonso, Riera and Torres....hmm

Thoughts you say - not many to be honest - good to see who's going to get subbed and if Beckham get can another cap.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Spain v England Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Spain v England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:51 pm

I'd settle for a good performance at the least. I have a sneaky feeling we might grab a result tonight, but time will tell. I think I'll call 2-1 England.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Spain v England Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Spain v England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah me too mate.. with Gabby to bag the first goal.

However.. that has too be pure optimism, their team looks great.. they are starting with Villa, Torres, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Ramos, etcc... :/ they have some players.. and we have injuries.. Lets hope Villas young gifted players can put in a great performance.. Especially Gabby..
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Spain v England Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Spain v England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:28 pm

About to turn my tv on n open a few bottles - might give a half time reaction - although I look nothing like Alan Hansen lol
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:38 pm

*opens a bottle of corona, slices up a piece of lime, and gets comfty in england shirt with shaunny wright wright wright on the back*

ahhh the simple life
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:01 pm

They have just been too good so far.

Simple.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Half time 1-0. To be fair, we've done well to keep the game cagey. Their team on paper is far better than our injury striken team. Aside from James, Terry, Cole and POSSIBLY Heskey, we have no other first choice players. A more than acceptable effort so far from our side.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Barry - when the ball comes near him - either he falls to the floor looking for a foul or their guy does the same.

Carrick - is he on the pitch?

Heskey - looking more like a international god these days than the binman who played with the name Heskey on his shirt during his first stint as a England player.

James - ol soapy hands at it again.

Carrick - is on the pitch?

Jagelka - really missed out on the goal - Shame, as he was hiding ok.

Johnson - just the same as the player we let go.

Carrick - is on the pitch?

SWP - quick fast cant pass or go past anyone without throwing himself into the player.

Ashley - looking ok as Spain are concentrating on the other flank

Goal - Oh Carrick is on the pitch.

Terry - Wish he wasnt playing like Frank

Agbonlahor - Pace for fun - yet every ball is straight up to Heskey?

Downing - hehehe
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:10 pm

You missed Carrick?

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:34 pm

theres no urgency whatsoever, nothing creative going forward.

would have given carlton cole a go personally, dont know why hes put crouch and beckham on.

my shaunnys been lively Smile
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Beckham should be there all th time imo.. even when he's playing not at his best he's still amazingly valuable to us!

Typical Beckham.. best pass of the game.. long ball straight to SWP feet.. he then does well to get it past the defender and make loads of space in the box.. The he shoots straight at Reina.. !! What a waste Sad
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:48 pm

They were just saying about Beckham.. he could possibly break Shiltons record in Johannesburg next year :/

EDIT: 2-0 . what a headerr!!

Last edited by JoshBrfc on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:48 pm

game over.....
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:51 pm

We have been outplayed.. its simple.. by one of the best teams in the world. Still work to be done if we want to stand a chance next year.. presuming we get there still.

Capello has been great for us..its easily spotted, and we do have injuries. But we still need to improve.. the lads need to get their heads down seriously now in preparation for next year.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Better team won with ease - but it must be said those were weak England 11's in both halfs.

Thats not an excuse, but I think it shows the gulf between most of our squad players, n a country whos "A" players are full of confidence.

I happen to think Capello will learn more from tonights game than the wins in the qualifying games.

Carlton Cole! I so wanted that to go in. cheers
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Clive Tyldsly: So David, What have England learned today?

Dave Pleat (what he should have said): How to play football.

Ouch - they were playing a different game - as it was said before when Capello first came to this job - "Is it a case of a butler coming to a centre for the homeless?"

Did we have a midfield in that second half?

But dont worry - all is not lost as Beckham got a another cap Rolling Eyes - and thats the most important thing for England.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 pm

You don't have a problem with Beckham surely? lol

He was one of best players in 2nd half when he came on.. probably thee! Cool
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:07 am

You think being England's best player this evening was an acheivement?

Were still on a learning curve - I think the players need a change in mentality before we're capable of winning a tournament - because at the end of the day that's what we play for at international level.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:22 am

No, not at all.. i was miffed with how we played.. best team in the world or not.. England losing never and never will be acceptable in my eyes.. call me optimistic, but oh well..

All i was saying is that he was our best player.. and should be in the team all the time imo.. because not only experience, but every game he shows why he is the best dead ball player in the game.. that aswell as his many other abilities.. he never gives up.. etc etc and i was just merely pointing out that i think he should be there all the time.. and still at his age showed that tonight. Smile

The performance of the team however.. I don't need to say much to you surely? lol
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 am

Lampard's free kicks are pretty good - Gerrard has learned to take corners after 5 years, give A. Young a chance and he can beat fullbacks, hit the by-line and cross from the left.

Name one winger in the world who current plays at the top level and can be likened to Beckham? (in terms of no pace and can deliver a ball from anywhere on the right hand side) - It's easy to defend against and when you only have Crouch and Heskey who can get on the end of it - that leaves us with a different set of problems.

His days are numbered, he can do a great PR job for us and the FA, but other than that his old legs are no use, and he should stick to being good PR signings for clubs who need to make a name for themselves - city should by him,lol.

We have to compensate the whole right side for him, when he comes inside like he did in the second half - imagine how crowded it would get if Lampar/Gerrard/Carrick were there. Same problem when Gerrard gets shoved out wide - we lack genuine wingers.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:58 am

Beckham too city ..... You can sod right off.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Spain v England Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Spain v England Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:20 am

Only just home from work, so I missed it. Did anyone play well for England? Did Carrick get in, he has been playing well for United and wonder if he made a statement of intent about getting into the England team as as starter?
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:18 am

dannyboy2890 wrote:
Beckham too city ..... You can sod right off.

You wouldn't want him for his footballing abilities? Hmmmm lol

It could be a new record if he doesn't succeed.. too see who is the player you paid the most for, and for them to leave the year after Wink Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 am

We lacked so many first team players, so Ticks surprise at the gulf in class between confident world beaters and a bunch of squad players surprises me!!

We never had a chance tonight, because we glued together a team of players that has never really played before and lacked the continuity of the side that has done well for us in the recent qualifiers. There are too many players that are not on good form for their clubs and this is a problem. The Chelsea boys didnt look good, when ordinarily they would and there was only one Utd player on the pitch due to injuries to the others.

We missed so many first teamers and especially players that give us a bit of flair. Walcott was especially missed. He has had a big impact on the qualifiers as his pace is an asset that will frighten teams even if he is not playing particularly well.

David James is a right donkey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spain v England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England Empty

Back to top Go down

Spain v England
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next