Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spain v England

Go down 
+2
huzup
dannyboy2890
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Spain v England - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Spain v England - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Spain v England - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:19 pm

abcdef wrote:
We lacked so many first team players, so Ticks surprise at the gulf in class between confident world beaters and a bunch of squad players surprises me!!

We never had a chance tonight, because we glued together a team of players that has never really played before and lacked the continuity of the side that has done well for us in the recent qualifiers. There are too many players that are not on good form for their clubs and this is a problem. The Chelsea boys didnt look good, when ordinarily they would and there was only one Utd player on the pitch due to injuries to the others.

We missed so many first teamers and especially players that give us a bit of flair. Walcott was especially missed. He has had a big impact on the qualifiers as his pace is an asset that will frighten teams even if he is not playing particularly well.

David James is a right donkey.

I felt and I hope I can say this without others saying its those blue tinted glasses he has on again, but John n Ashley with Heskey were the only players to perform to the International standard.

To show its not blue tinted - I felt Frank was lost playing wide left n was struggling not to move infield.

Quite frankly - if we dont use him in his best position there is no reason to play him. I know he has gained a army of praise from the media for how he played when Capello asked him to play behind Gerrard as he was, at last, seen to be the more complete footballer, but I just feel we loose so much we may as well pick Nicky Butt there and save Frank for Chelsea.

Footnote:

Count how many games Rio has missed since not being named captain. This time he got the belly aches on the morning of the match?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Spain v England - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Spain v England - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
Only just home from work, so I missed it. Did anyone play well for England? Did Carrick get in, he has been playing well for United and wonder if he made a statement of intent about getting into the England team as as starter?

Yes, He made a huge impression n should replace Ian Bell at number 3.

All joking aside Red, he was one of the poorest players in a below average performance by most of the team.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Spain v England - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Spain v England - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:43 pm

TickTok wrote:

I felt and I hope I can say this without others saying its those blue tinted glasses he has on again, but John n Ashley with Heskey were the only players to perform to the International standard.

To show its not blue tinted - I felt Frank was lost playing wide left n was struggling not to move infield.

Quite frankly - if we dont use him in his best position there is no reason to play him. I know he has gained a army of praise from the media for how he played when Capello asked him to play behind Gerrard as he was, at last, seen to be the more complete footballer, but I just feel we loose so much we may as well pick Nicky Butt there and save Frank for Chelsea.

Footnote:

Count how many games Rio has missed since not being named captain. This time he got the belly aches on the morning of the match?

I do think the Chelsea boys showed that they are still great players, despite their club form slump.

John Terry for me was a solid heart at the back as captain, yet again.. apart from being unable to prevent the second goal.

Ashley Cole was composed, got forward at any chance he could and did it well, as he always does good professional display from him.

Them two respectively are the best left back and Centre back in the country imo.. and will be a real driving force for us heading into next year.. no one wants to win more than Mr Chelsea himself for his beloved blues and England. Just what we need for captain.

Lampard gave us the added impetus from midfield in the second half which was missing before the break.. this is why i always want him to be in the team when fully fit.. because if you have a team where only the strikers score the goals.. it just won't work.. this guy is one of the best midfield guys around who can score and create a lot.. and take pressure of the strikers.. The more of his Chelsea performances he shows for England the better. Definite key for us for next year.

Heskey held the ball up well and posed the biggest threat of our starters.. however still not good enough from the team as a whole. Could see why he was there though.. probably would of been more effective had we not of been up against the best.

Beckham rose to the occasion on his record equaling night, his passing was crisp and was very energetic.. should and probably will play a definite part for us going into next year.

The rest of the team were average at best.. not to say the ones above were great.. but they were the better of our team.. still not good enough as a whole.. Fabio will only take the team further after this defeat imo.. roll on the qualifiers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Spain v England - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Spain v England - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 6:48 pm

JoshBrfc wrote:

Beckham rose to the occasion on his record equaling night, his passing was crisp and was very energetic.. should and probably will play a definite part for us going into next year.

Rose to the occasion?

You sound like he played outstanding and took the game by the scruff of the neck - let's agree to disagree on Beckham.

and Dan - you need someone to up your profile,lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spain v England   Spain v England - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spain v England
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2