Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy League Knockout Cup

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Fantasy League Knockout Cup Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Knockout Cup Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Fantasy League Knockout Cup Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 6:19 pm

Was thinking of a competition within the Fantasy League. I’ts a form of Knockout Cup.

COMPETITION RULES

It is a Gameweek score competition, therefore the team with the most points scored over the two legs progresses to the next round.

Two Leg total points, Five winners advance to the second round. The three winners with the highest margin of victory get a bye into the Semi-Finals. The other two winners play off to see who makes the final four.

Schedule for the Knockout Cup

First Leg October 18th-20th
Second Leg October 25th-26th

K-Class v United 4ever
Sharples FC v West Spam United
InjuryFreeSeason v Conservative
SpiderPig v ABCDE FC
Simpleman v Zingo Bingo1

Was also thinking of a head to head competition, a kind of round robin after this Knockout Cup is over. Think of the Knockout Cup as like the Carling Cup, the Round Robin as the Champions league and the regular Fantasy Standings as the Premier League.

See if anyone can win the Treble.

Nobody has to do anything, the Premier Fantasy League computes all the scores for us. Just an attempt to keep the interest going and add some spice and banter to the fantasy teams.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Fantasy League Knockout Cup Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Fantasy League Knockout Cup Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Good idea Red. Did you draw the games randomly??

I think a round robin type tournament would be a good idea. It means that aside from the table we are all in, there are possibilities for other peoples teams to win things.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Fantasy League Knockout Cup Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Knockout Cup Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 9:16 pm

abcdef wrote:
Good idea Red. Did you draw the games randomly??

I think a round robin type tournament would be a good idea. It means that aside from the table we are all in, there are possibilities for other peoples teams to win things.

I had Conservative give me the numbers 1-10 in any order and then matched them up with the current standings
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 7:44 pm

First leg of the first round of the Knock out Cup is this weekend.

First Round

K-Class v United 4ever
Sharples FC v West Spam United
InjuryFreeSeason v Conservative
SpiderPig v ABCDE FC
Simpleman v Zingo Bingo1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 8:51 pm

Dammit Red, you've had a whopping week, 80 points!
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 9:39 pm

i like chocolate wrote:
Dammit Red, you've had a whopping week, 80 points!

And that's with the ref cheating Rooney out of a goal and Ronald an assist on that goal (Double Capt points) Plus no bonus points for Zaki even though he was man of the match and Ronaldo and Fabregas not getting any bonus points.

I should have almost 100 points.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Fantasy League Knockout Cup Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Fantasy League Knockout Cup Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Ronaldo shouldnt have had any bonus points. Rooney just deserved all the points. Ronaldo had a game of losing the ball and falling on the floor. Same as the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:16 pm

abcdef wrote:
Ronaldo shouldnt have had any bonus points. Rooney just deserved all the points. Ronaldo had a game of losing the ball and falling on the floor. Same as the last few weeks.

I don't think Ronaldo had that good of a game either, but they have to give out 3 bonus selections and with a goal and the assist he would have had on Rooney's disallowed goal, I would have thought he would have gotten the 1 point for a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 2:33 am

First Round First Leg

41 K-Class v United 4ever 80
57 Sharples FC v West Spam United 59
47 InjuryFreeSeason v Conservative 62
32 SpiderPig v ABCDE FC 61
45 Simpleman v Zingo Bingo1 86
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 2:48 am

Zingobingo1 with a 41 point lead and United4ever with a 39 point lead seem to be sailing in to the Semi-Finals after kicking Simpleman and K-Class asses. ABCDE FC with a comfortable 29 point lead over SpiderPig has the edge for the 3rd and final bye into the Semi-Final. Conservative with a not so insurmountable 15 point lead over InjuryFreeSeason, which would have been really close if Tick had kept Lampard as his captain (having some doubts about Chelsea?) The nailbiter of the week has to go to Sharples FC v West Spam United, with West Spam United having only a two point lead.

Looking at the result between Sharples FC v West Spam United I think I should have explained the TIEBREAK RULES.( Please don't make me do that because it sounds like a lot of work)

If scores are level after the round then the following criteria will be used to determine the winner of the tie:
1. Transfers. A team with the LEAST number of total transfers made across both GWs of the tie, will progress to the next round. PLEASE NOTE: A Gameweek where the Wildcard is played will count as a single transfer.
2. Goals. If transfers can’t separate the two, then the team that scores the most number of GOALS across both GWs of the tie, will proceed to the next round.
3. Bench. If by some horrible quirk of fate the teams are still level then the team whose BENCH scores the most number of points across both GWs, will progress to the next round.
4. Toss. If scores are still level at this point, Then I will toss a coin, with the team name that comes first alphabetically being Heads.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Knockout Cup Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Knockout Cup Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:59 am

Redcanuck wrote:
Conservative with a not so insurmountable 15 point lead over InjuryFreeSeason, which would have been really close if Tick had kept Lampard as his captain (having some doubts about Chelsea?)

I just felt there was a chance the middlesbro game would be alot closer than it turned out and when I checked Arsenals results against Everton over the past few years - Arsenal normally win by a wide margin - they did again this weekend - alas my captain didnt figure in anything other than a yellow card.

No doubts on Chelsea - but we are obviously alot better than most with this new attacking option the manager prefers to play.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
. ABCDE FC with a comfortable 29 point lead over SpiderPig.
Managed to squander that lead with the best move of the season. Adebayor out, Rooney in. Nice one.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 10:44 pm

abcdef wrote:
Redcanuck wrote:
. ABCDE FC with a comfortable 29 point lead over SpiderPig.
Managed to squander that lead with the best move of the season. Adebayor out, Rooney in. Nice one.

League has not been updated yet on FPL, but by my rough calculations SpiderPig beat you 100-98. I had a 39 point lead over K Class and just hung on. Hopefully FPL will update before I go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 am

First Round
First Leg

41 K-Class v United 4ever 80
57 Sharples FC v West Spam United 59
47 InjuryFreeSeason v Conservative 62
32 SpiderPig v ABCDE FC 61
45 Simpleman v Zingo Bingo1 86

Second Leg

54 K-Class v United 4ever 24
41 Sharples FC v West Spam United 34
38 InjuryFreeSeason v Conservative 51
68 SpiderPig v ABCDE FC 37
51 Simpleman v Zingo Bingo1 30

Final Score

95 K-Class v United 4ever 104
98 Sharples FC v West Spam United 93
85 InjuryFreeSeason v Conservative 113
100 SpiderPig v ABCDE FC 98
96 Simpleman v Zingo Bingo1 116

The three winners with the highest margin of victory get a bye into the Semi-Finals. The other two winners play off to see who makes the final four.

Conservative won by 28
ZingoBingo1 won by 20
United 4ever won by 9
Sharples FC won by 5
Simpleman won by 2

Conservative, ZingoBingo1 and United 4ever get a bye into the semis

Sharples FC and Simpleman will play off for the other spot in the semis

The match between Sharples FC and Simpleman is another two legged affair. 1st leg the mid week games Tuesday and wednesday of this week and the second leg this weekend's games
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Oooh, so close, it makes you think...if only I had kept Adebayor instead of Rooney
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:49 pm

i like chocolate wrote:
Oooh, so close, it makes you think...if only I had kept Adebayor instead of Rooney

Couple of nice comebacks, only Conservative and Sharples FC won both legs, shows how closely match all the teams in this league are.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Sharples only won one leg. Only conservative won home and away.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:13 pm

abcdef wrote:
Sharples only won one leg. Only conservative won home and away.

You are right, it is a even closer competition
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 4:54 am

Sharples FC and Simpleman are playing off for the other spot in the semis

First leg Result

Sharples FC 71 Simpleman 49
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 5:16 pm

So when we get down to the last four whoever they are I will rank them on total points and the the team with the highest number of points at that time will play the third highest and the team with the second highest will play the 4th highest.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 1:19 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
Sharples FC and Simpleman are playing off for the other spot in the semis

First leg Result

Sharples FC 71 Simpleman 49

Second Leg

Sharples FC 61 Simpleman 38

Final Score

Sharples FC 132 Simpleman 87
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 1:21 pm

United 4ever 585
ZingoBingo 562
Conservatives 558
Sharples FC 481

SEMI FINAL Knockout Cup

United 4ever v Conservatives
Zingo Bingo v Sharples FC
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 12:16 am

SEMI FINAL Knockout Cup

First Leg

41 United 4ever v Conservatives 57
70 Zingo Bingo v Sharples FC 40
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Fantasy League Knockout Cup Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Fantasy League Knockout Cup Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:19 pm

not done bad so far have i really..

didnt even know i was in it lol
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 5:06 pm

JoshBrfc wrote:
not done bad so far have i really..

didnt even know i was in it lol

Lots going on if you look.

Good to see you back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Knockout Cup   Fantasy League Knockout Cup Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Knockout Cup
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next